Flat pack furniture, meuble en kit, ready-to-assemble ( RTA ) furniture or knock-down furniture is affordable and stylish, pre-fabricated and boxed in pieces. Mass manufactured using
various qualities of wood in a wide variety of colors, styles and sizes. Cut, drilled, packaged and designed to be quickly and easily assembled with factory supplied hardware. ( HA who are they
The flat pack furniture, meuble en kit concept saves the manufacturer money and inturn saves you the customer money. For the manufacturer it is easily stowed taking up only a fraction of the
warehouse and cargo space of traditional furniture. However your weekend is lost being MrBrico trying to manouvre your way through the assembly drawings.
The assembly directions for flat pack furniture are usually vague at best, as they typically include simplistic line drawing illustrations and MrBrico technically worded sentences, forcing
consumers in spending hours assembling the furniture on their own.
The biggest difference from one manufacturer to another is the quality of wood and fastners supplied. Paper veneers on MDF or particleboard, and plastic fittings are common when buying from
discount houses on-line.
Better quality flat pack furniture is designed to be taken apart again and again in the event of a move. So when purchasing flat pack furniture confirm with your retailer that this is easily
Preparation can be key to assembling flat pack, meuble en kit with minimal difficulty.
Manufacturers provide buyers with a complete set of the product’s parts. HA!!
Some products come with easy-to-follow instructions, and include all necessary hardware as well as basic assembly tools. Other models may include only the basic parts, such as a frame, drawers,
and so forth, leaving the buyer to provide their own hardware and tools. Some buyers may find that the assembly instructions included with their RTA , meuble en kit are vague, difficult to
follow, or, in the case of imported products, printed only in a foreign language.
The buyer should :
1) find the product parts list
2) review the product’s drawings thoroughly, understanding each step
3) unpack the product to check that all pieces listed on the parts list are accounted for
4) gather all necessary tools and review/count the hardware provided
5) its best to assemble the product near the spot where it will be placed so it does not need to be moved a significant distance once it has been put together
6) finaly if you don’t feel confident about your flat pack furniture meuble en kit assembly skills, it might be better to call in MrBrico and then go spend your weekend with family or friends